Investing in your house is important, and when it’s time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to make sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s key to assess the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience through the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you might see your heating and cooling costs reduced. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 each year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows could return 73 percent of the project expense when you sell your house. If you are considering selling your home in the next several years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for a lot of ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to search through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and locate the best deals in Asheville.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has improved, new glass panes can now help lower fading of your furniture and fabrics from damaging sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements can be eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To learn more about the specifics of green-energy tax credits for the Asheville area, check out energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the initial costs can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a great way to spruce up your space before the fall hits, while also holding onto some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Hear more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our team a call at 828-202-8673 or scheduling an appointment with us online.