Fall is coming quickly in Asheville, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Asheville a call at 828-202-8673 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!