The cold season is fast approaching in Asheville and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Asheville winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Asheville professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Asheville.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Asheville a call at 828-202-8673 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.