Winters in Asheville come with a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and gloomy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home during this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are fashioned to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella of Asheville collection delivers a different style for your Asheville home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection offers simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to the home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you at Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is right for your space? There are lots of advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are some things to think about:
- Because the doors are constructed from wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door your own. You can also highlight your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to consider that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors could help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even reduce noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. And it isn’t difficult to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are less of a hassle to repair. However, to keep the wood doors looking their best, they require routine painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are wanting an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Asheville showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.