At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Asheville. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or making energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Asheville Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass options or our best product for the Asheville region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to provide increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Asheville Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.